Trusts, Wills & Estates
Our law firm provides a full range of estate planning and estate administration services. We assist our clients by educating them about the estate planning alternatives available to them and formulating plans to achieve their objectives with minimum tax liability. Our attorneys have extensive experience in the design and implementation of complex estate and business plans for our individual and business clients in the Houston area and beyond that are designed to shield a family’s wealth from taxation, while also accomplishing certain non-tax family objectives. The types of estate planning legal services we provide include:
- Drafting wills, trusts, family limited partnerships (FLPs), limited liability companies, grantor trusts, grantor retained annuity trusts (GRATs), sales to intentionally defective grantor trusts, charitable trusts, life insurance trusts, prenuptial agreements and other planning devices
- Structuring businesses for management continuity and tax savings for future generations
- Gifting techniques and strategies, including valuation issues, and advising on the retention of appraisers
- Advising clients with respect to qualified plans, IRAs, and other similar tax-deferred arrangements
- Negotiating and structuring corporate, real estate, partnership, and other types of business transactions involving family ownership
We offer flat rate estate planning options through our Legacy Planning practice.